Oxford College ODL Diploma in Journalism course review

Last year, one the courses I took was with Oxford College, of whom I'm a big fan anyway. Here's the review of their Diploma in Journalism.

College: Oxford College
Qualification/level: Diploma - equiv to A-Level
Subject: Journalism
Cost: £365 - paid in installments over 6 months option

The skinny:
  • there are ten modules to be completed. You go through the learning material for each and complete a written assessment
  • It is quite information and fact based, covering the history and theory side of journalism, as opposed to the writing side of things.
  • The course material was really in depth and interesting. The written assessment did stretch me, requiring further research using the internet for some.
  • Written assessments are emailed in for marking, with feedback usually received within 24-48 hours
  • The cybermedia unit was very interesting and relevant to my line of work.
  • I enjoyed this course and got it finished within a couple of months because I really went for it.
  • That's why I like Oxford College, because they're so flexible and you can whip through the courses if you're capable.
Real deal or cowboy college: Real deal for sure. All their courses are accredited, and with recent expansions to Level 5 diplomas Oxford College is one to watch... or study with.

No comments: